Through the experience of dealing with hundreds of carton manufacturers, AOL has a deep understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of honeycomb panels and corrugated panels.
The market prospects of the packaging industry this year are still good. Many companies who buy AOL digital cutting machines use them to cut cartons. The most commonly used materials in the packaging industry are corrugated cardboard and honeycomb cardboard. What is the difference between the two in packaging applications? Through the experience of dealing with hundreds of carton manufacturers, AOL has a deep understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of honeycomb panels and corrugated panels.
Characteristics and application of honeycomb corrugated board
my country’s honeycomb paperboard technology began in the late 1980s. After years of research, development and continuous improvement and improvement, my country’s honeycomb paperboard technology has made breakthroughs so far. At present, domestic honeycomb paperboard technology and equipment have greatly improved and improved in terms of equipment processing accuracy, honeycomb paper forming strength, and range of adaptation, or in reducing energy consumption and reducing production costs.
The main features of honeycomb paperboard
Honeycomb paperboard is a new type of sandwich structure environmentally friendly and energy-saving material composed of high-strength honeycomb paper core and various high-strength kraft paper. It has the advantages of low cost, less materials, sound absorption and heat insulation, high strength, and good impact resistance.
Lightweight, less materials, and low cost.
Compared with other various panel structures, the honeycomb sandwich structure has the largest strength-to-weight ratio, so the performance/price ratio of its finished products is good, which is the key to the success of honeycomb paperboard. The density of ordinary honeycomb paperboard is about 30-50kg/m, which is 1/3 of the density of common corrugated paperboard. The price of ordinary honeycomb cardboard is only 60% of wood, 50% of steel, and 66% of heavy seven-layer corrugated cardboard. Because of its lighter weight, it can bring better economic benefits to users.
High strength, smooth surface, not easy to deform.
The honeycomb sandwich structure is approximately isotropic, has good structural stability, and is not easy to deform. Its outstanding compressive resistance and bending resistance are important characteristics required by box packaging materials. Ordinary honeycomb paperboard can withstand a pressure of 2-5kg per square centimeter, which is 5-10 times the compressive resistance of ordinary corrugated paperboard. The flexural strength of ordinary honeycomb paperboard is 2 to 5 times that of reinforced corrugated paperboard, and 5-30 times that of ordinary corrugated paperboard.
Good impact resistance and cushioning.
Honeycomb paperboard is made of flexible paper core and facial paper, which has good toughness and resilience. The unique honeycomb sandwich structure provides excellent cushioning performance and has higher energy absorption per unit volume among all cushioning materials. , High-thickness honeycomb paperboard can replace the EPS plastic foam cushion that has been widely used. According to research, the compressive strength of honeycomb corrugated cardboard increases approximately linearly with the increase of cardboard thickness and length. The compressive strength of the AB flute honeycomb corrugated board can reach 8.5kgf/cm square, the A flute can reach 8.5kgf/cm square, and the B flute can reach 14kgf/cm square, which is much higher than the compressive strength of EPS foam.
Sound absorption and heat insulation.
The interior of the honeycomb sandwich structure is a closed chamber filled with air, so it has good sound insulation and heat preservation performance.
No pollution, in line with modern environmental protection trends.
The honeycomb cardboard is all made of recyclable paper, which can save wood instead of wood and replace EPS plastic cushioning liner. After use, it can be fully recycled and reused. The waste and leftover material from the corrugated carton production process can also be die-cut and bonded to form a honeycomb corrugated cardboard cushion of various shapes. Even if it is discarded, it can be naturally degraded and absorbed, which is very good. Green packaging materials.
Compared with wooden pallets, honeycomb pallets have better cushioning; medium performance. Its flat compressive strength can reach more than 20t, and its flexural strength can reach about 1t, which can protect the product well.
2.Disadvantages of honeycomb paperboard:
(1) Poor rupture resistance, folding resistance, puncture resistance, etc., which limits its application in certain aspects;
(2) The processing performance is poor, and it cannot be easily made into box-shaped packaging containers like corrugated cardboard. Even if it can be made, the degree of automation in production is low;
(3) When printing at the same time, the printability is poor, which cannot meet the needs of modern decoration and decoration, which also limits its application in packaging.
What should I pay attention to when using corrugated paper? The manufacturer of aol cutting machine introduces its advantages and disadvantages.
One, the advantages of corrugated paper
1. Good cushioning performance: Corrugated cardboard has a special structure, and 60~70% of the volume of the cardboard structure is empty, so it has good shock absorption performance and can avoid collision and impact on the packaged items.
2. Lightweight and strong: Corrugated cardboard is a hollow structure, using the least materials to form a more rigid box, so it is light and strong. Compared with a wooden box of the same volume, it is only about half of the weight of a wooden box.
3. Adequate raw materials and low cost: There are many raw materials to produce corrugated cardboard. Corner wood, bamboo, wheat straw, reed, etc. can be made into corrugated paper, so its cost is lower, only about half of the same volume of wooden boxes.
4. Facilitate automated production: A complete set of automatic production lines for corrugated boxes has been manufactured, which can produce corrugated boxes in large quantities and with high efficiency.
TWO, Disadvantages of corrugated boxes
1. The moisture-proof performance of corrugated paper may not be as good as other materials. A humid environment will cause the paper to become softer and worse. So when you want to store things made of corrugated paper, put them in a dry place as much as possible, so that their hardness will last longer;
2. Corrugated paper is not easy to print.
Through the above introduction to corrugated paper, have everyone suddenly realized it? So when you use corrugated paper, you must try to avoid being in a damp place, so as to avoid mold and the product can not be reused!
These words are not just words, they are really done for customers. Your trust, feedback to you with high-quality equipment and considerate service, is what a manufacturer should and must do.
When purchasing a fully automatic digital cutting machine, the above points must be paid attention to. Some small details need to be determined according to your own needs. If you have any questions, you can leave a message in the inquiry area of
Finally, don’t forget to follow and forward!