What is PVC
The full name of PVC material is Polyvinyl chloride, abbreviated as PVC. In order to improve the heat resistance, toughness and ductility of PVC materials, other chemical components need to be added. According to statistics, the use of PVC materials occupies the second place in various types of synthetic materials in the world, and the first place is PE polyethylene.
PVC materials are widely used. In daily life, we often use backpacks, belts, toys, packaging materials, building materials, etc. It can be said that PVC materials can be seen everywhere in life, whether it is household goods or office supplies, products made of PVC materials are almost everywhere.
Let’s take a look at the types and applications of PVC, and how PVC is cut and processed.
Types of PVC materials
1. Soft PVC
Soft PVC contains softeners that are easy to become brittle and difficult to store, so its use range is limited. Common soft PVC is generally used for floors, ceilings, and leather surfaces.
2. Rigid PVC
Also known as UPVC, or PVC-U products. Rigid PVC does not contain softeners, so it has good flexibility, easy forming, not easy to become brittle, non-toxic and pollution-free, and has a long storage time, so it has great development and application value. It has a wide range of applications: pipeline industry, water supply and drainage, flame-retardant electric cable casing, electrical appliances, flame-retardant switch housings, sockets, profiles, plastic steel, partial fenders, bumpers, etc.
Main application of PVC plastic
1. PVC plastic profile
Profiles and profiled materials are the areas where PVC consumption is the largest, accounting for about 25% of total PVC consumption. They are mainly used to make doors and windows and energy-saving materials. At present, their applications are still growing globally. In developed countries, the market share of plastic doors and windows is also the highest, for example, Germany is 50%, France is 56%, and the United States is 45%.
2. PVC plastic pipe
Among many PVC plastic products, PVC plastic pipes are its second largest consumption area, accounting for about 20% of its consumption. In particular, PVC plastic pipes have been developed earlier than PE pipes and PP pipes, with more varieties, excellent performance, and a wide range of applications, and occupy an important position in the market.
3. PVC plastic film
The consumption of PVC in the field of PVC film ranks third, accounting for about 10%. After PVC is mixed with additives and plasticized, a three-mix or four-silver calender is used to make a transparent or colored film with a specified thickness. The film is processed in this way to become a calendered film. It can also be cut and heat-sealed to process packaging bags, raincoats, tablecloths, curtains, inflatable toys, etc. The wide transparent film can be used for greenhouses, plastic greenhouses and mulch films. The biaxially stretched film has the characteristics of heat shrinkage and can be used for shrink packaging.
4. PVC hard materials and plates
Stabilizers, lubricants and fillers are added to PVC. After mixing, the extruder can be used to extrude hard pipes, special-shaped pipes, and corrugated pipes of various calibers, which can be used as sewer pipes, drinking water pipes, wire casings or staircase handrails. . The calendered sheet can be made into hard plates of various thicknesses by hot pressing. The plate can be cut into the required shape, and then welded with hot air with PVC welding rod to form various chemical resistant storage tanks, air ducts and containers.
5. PVC general soft products
The extruder can be used to squeeze into hoses, cables, wires, etc.; the injection molding machine can be used with various molds to make plastic sandals, shoe soles, slippers, toys, auto parts, etc.
6. PVC plastic packaging materials
PVC plastic products are mainly used for packaging in various containers, films and rigid sheets. PVC containers mainly produce PTP packaging for mineral water, beverages, cosmetic packaging bottles, and medicines, as well as packaging for refined oil. PVC film can be used to co-extrude with other polymers to produce low-cost laminates and transparent products with good barrier properties. PVC plastic film can also be used for stretch or heat shrink packaging for packaging mattresses, cloth, toys and industrial goods.
7. PVC plastic wall panels and floors
PVC plastic wall panels are mainly used to replace aluminum wall panels. Except for a part of PVC plastic resin, the other components of PVC plastic floor tiles are recycled materials, adhesives, fillers and other components, which are mainly used on the ground of airport terminals and other hard ground.
8. PVC plastic daily consumer goods
Luggage bags are traditional products made of PVC plastics. PVC plastics are used to make all kinds of imitation leather, which are used in luggage bags and sports products such as basketball, football and rugby. It can also be used to make belts for uniforms and special protective equipment. PVC plastic fabrics for clothing are generally absorbent fabrics (no need to be coated), such as ponchos, baby pants, imitation leather jackets and various rain boots. PVC plastic is used in many sports and entertainment products, such as toys, records and sports goods. At present, the growth rate of PVC plastic toys is large. Because PVC plastic toys and sports goods are low in production cost and easy to form, they have an advantage.
In addition, the inflatable castle, which is very popular in recent years, is very popular among children. Its raw materials are made of netted PVC fabric.
It can be seen that the application of PVC is very wide.
What tools and methods are used to cut PVC materials?
There are two most commonly used cutting methods: cold cutting and hot cutting.
The most representative thermal cutting is the laser cutting machine, which uses the high temperature generated by the laser head to instantly melt the material to be cut to achieve the purpose of cutting. Like rigid PVC pipes and plates, laser cutting machines or optical fiber cutting machines are good choices.
Because it is thermal cutting, it will produce a burning smell and release a lot of smoke during the cutting process. Especially for materials with poor heat resistance such as pvc, thermal cutting can easily damage the edge of the material and affect the cutting. quality.
Cold cutting uses a blade cutting method, and a vibrating knife cutting machine is the first choice. The vibrating knife cutting machine is used for soft PVC like soft glass, inflatable castle, rain cloth, pvc plastic film, etc., which can effectively avoid material damage caused by thermal cutting, and can also avoid environmental problems caused by thermal cutting, and can also realize materials Special-shaped cutting and customized cutting, the cutting edge is smooth and the quality is higher.
Nowadays, there are more and more manufacturers of vibrating knife cutting machines. If you have purchasing needs, we first recommend the largest vibrating knife cutting machine manufacturer in northern China-AOL. AOL is the world’s largest vibrating knife OEM manufacturer. The machine is of reliable quality, supports a three-year warranty, and has excellent after-sales service. Customers who have purchased it are highly praised by it and are now recruiting agents worldwide.
What are the advantages of AOL PVC cutting machine?
- The PVC soft glass cutting machine adopts an advanced high-end four-axis high-speed motion control system with independent intellectual property rights. The system upgrade and maintenance are not controlled by a third party. The later maintenance is convenient, the reliability is high, and the cost is low, because the control is in hand and convenient Customized and customized special programs for users to upgrade remotely;
- Adopting the international advanced design concept of replaceable heads, the heads adopt non-fixed welding integration, which can easily replace and add different function heads according to actual work needs and the expansion of business scope;
- The servo motor drives the screw control mode, which can preset the tool depth to store the tool pressure. Compared with the old-style pneumatic head, it completely gets rid of the history of manually adjusting the depth of the knife based on experience, can easily digitally adjust and completely solve the problem that the pneumatic pressure cannot be constant with temperature and time;
- The controller has been upgraded from the era of computer motherboards to the era of high-performance integrated circuit controllers. It can be connected to any ordinary computer (including laptop) without the need for a special high-end computer. If the computer fails, you can easily replace the ordinary computer to operate the equipment, which completely eliminates the paralysis of the cutting equipment due to the computer link failure;
- Taking into account the actual environmental conditions of the customer, an anti-interference operation screen is specially configured, which will not be affected by the surrounding electronic environment during work and will not waste the screen;
- Adopting domestic advanced anti-explosion treatment design (to prevent conductive powder from short-circuiting the circuit), special treatment of the circuit and interface, making the cutting of conductive materials safer;
- Install a special stabilizing device to effectively reduce the vibration amplitude of the equipment and keep the machine performance stable and accurate for a long time;
- The RM series equipment adopts advanced and mature workbench design, the size of the platform can be customized, and the theoretical cutting length is not limited.
- The data interface is a network interface, which can realize remote upgrade and maintenance. It has fast transmission speed and long distance. It can be transmitted with multiple computers at the same time, and it can be remotely controlled and upgraded. Compared with the old serial port, the parallel port and PCI interface are more advanced and more convenient;
- Equipped with various tools, such as vibrating knife, drag knife, round knife (optional driving wheel knife, pneumatic round knife) and drawing pen tools. According to the different needs of different materials, such as writing and drawing lines, dashed cutting, half-cutting, full-cutting and other functions, it can cut various flexible materials, such as sponge composite leather, metal wire feet, leather, soft glass, silicone, rubber Material.
If you need to cut PVC soft material, please consult AOL sales staff, you can send an email to [email protected]. They will recommend suitable models and cutting tools based on your material thickness, width, hardness and other parameters. You can also write down your needs in our message box, we will contact you as soon as possible.